Master of Arts in IMC
The MA in IMC at UWA combines aspects of hands-on, experiential learning with research and management principles. Students will prepare for management-level careers in a number of industries including public relations, marketing, philanthropy, advertising, tourism, social media, graphic design, and multimedia production.
This 30-credit hour program can be completed in as little as 12 months, and courses can be taken on-campus or online. The degree culminates in a comprehensive portfolio and a research-driven thesis project. Students also participate in a three-hour internship.
- IMC 500 - Exploration of Mass Media (3)
- IMC 595 - IMC Thesis Project (3)
- IMC 599 - Professional Media Internship (3)
- 12 Hours of Communication Electives
- 9 Hours of Marketing/Management Electives
- Total: 30 Credit Hours
To view the full program curriculum, visit the UWA Graduate Catalogue.
In addition to the innovative coursework in the graduate IMC curriculum, students receive numerous opportunities to produce real-world content for clients. Additionally, our students gain valuable career insights on yearly industry immersion trips and professional internships in a variety of fields. Affordable study abroad opportunities are also available and encouraged.
- Access to industry-standard software, including Adobe Creative Cloud and Google Analytics
- Certifications in social media scheduling and analytics, graphic design, and web design
- Creative agency experience
- Instructional opportunities in many undergraduate courses
- Submission to regional and national conferences and competitions
- Faculty with years of diverse industry experience
- Comprehensive digital and print multimedia portfolios