Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Supportive Services
The University of West Alabama DBE Supportive Services (UWA DBESS) provides resources, individual business counseling, group training, and technical assistance to ALDOT certified DBE’s, minority, disadvantage, and women firms to contribute to the firm’s growth and self-sufficiency.
The UWA DBESS
The UWA DBE Supportive Services is administered by the Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT). Three major USDOT operating administrations are involved in the DBE program: Federal Highway Administration, The Federal Aviation Administration and the Federal Transit Administration. The DOT DBE program is carried out by the state and local transportation agencies under the rules and guidelines in the Code of Federal Regulations.
The UWA DBE Supportive Services is responsible for serving ALDOT’ Southwest, South Central, and Southeast which encompass the following counties: Baldwin, Barbour, Bullock, Butler, Choctaw, Clarke, Coffee, Conecuh, Covington, Crenshaw, Dale, Dallas, Escambia, Geneva, Henry, Houston, Marengo, Mobile, Monroe, Pike, Sumter, Washington, and Wilcox.
Services (available to certified DBEs)
- Information on upcoming contracting opportunities.
- Development of business plans.
- Guidance on expansion of firm work types and diversifying.
- Individual review of DBE operations to improve business practices.
- Utilizing technology
- Marketing/networking assistance.
- Technical skills (ie., reading plans, estimating,...)
- Bid Estimating for Subcontractors
- Bond readiness
- Estimating Roadwork and Paving
- Government Contracting
- Social Media Marketing
- OSHA Certification
UWA DBE Supportive Service Staff and Contacts
- Donald Mills (Director):
- Phone: 205-652-3814
- Fax: 205-652-3516
- Email: email@example.com
- Shari Stoudemire (Assistant Director):
- Phone: 205-652-3557
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda DeLaine (Support Services Administrator for DBE):
- Phone: 205-652-3857
- Email: Idelaine@uwa.edu