Interested in becoming a tutor?
Why should you tutor?
- Make a difference! Our students most often cite tutoring as the thing that helped the most in earning their degree.
- Make some money! Most of our tutors work 15 hours/week.
- Looks great on resumes and graduate school applications.
- Keeps material fresh for graduate and professional school entrance exams
- We work with your academic schedule. We understand you are a student first!
- Provide academic tutoring to program participants and assist in developing study strategies
- Work with the student to develop a tutoring plan and academic goals that fit the student’s individual needs
- Prepare tutoring sessions that ensure the academic development of the student
- Communicate with program staff about the student’s progress
- Maintain up-to-date documentation to track tutee attendance and progress
- Participate in SSS tutor training sessions
- Be an undergraduate student currently enrolled at UWA
- Completed the course you wish to tutor at UWA and received no lower than a B
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the subject matter
- Enjoy teaching the subject you wish to tutor
- Be able to effectively explain concepts to individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Possess good organizational skills and complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Exhibit patience and a positive attitude in establishing an encouraging learning environment
- Work collaborative as a member of our team.
If you are interested in applying complete our online application here.
** Those who are SSS members already and/or can tutor multiple courses are competitive applicants.