Math can be found in every part of our lives. With career options that are practically endless, you can earn a degree from UWA and plan to have a career in areas such as research, technology and government, as well as be prepared to attend graduate programs in mathematics. During this program, you will learn to understand, apply, create, analyze and interpret the language of mathematics as well as communicate sound mathematical reasoning and express the results of data analysis.
- Enhance problem solving skills
- Enhance ability to structure mathematical arguments
- Enhance critical thinking skills through lab work and hands on instruction
- Courses in Calculus, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, and Analysis
- A minor is required for this program, thus allowing for increased educational diversity and marketability.
- High potential for employment in multiple fields
- Mathematics Club
- Kappa Mu Epsilon Honor Society
- Participation in local Science Fairs
- Opportunity to work in Mathematics Lab
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- UWA Science Olympiad
Because of the skill set of mathematicians, many of our graduates have been employed in a very diverse set of fields. Business, management, research, academia, medical and public service are all career sectors for the mathematician. Others have gone on to attend graduate school in mathematics or a professional school in a field of their choice.
Contact Person: Dr. Frank D. Rogers
Contact Phone Number: (205) 652-3413