Lambda Pi Eta Honor Society
The University of West Alabama is home to the Alpha Chi Nu chapter of Lambda Pi Eta honor society, which recognizes outstanding students in the field of communication. UWA students in the integrated marketing communications (IMC) major who meet the required criteria are offered membership into Lambda Pi Eta.
Lambda Pi Eta Goals
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in Communication Studies
- Stimulate interest in the field of Communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among Communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of Communication
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
- Explore options for graduate education in Communication Studies
Fall Industry Immersion Experience
Each fall semester, members of Lambda Pi Eta visit communication agencies across the southeast for a fun and informative immersion into different facets of the industry. Recently, members visited the World of Coca-Cola and CNN Center in Atlanta, GA, for an in-depth look at international branding and news. Future excursions will include a sports communications-focused trip to New Orleans, LA, and a music and publicity-themed trip to Nashville, TN.
|LPH members visit CNN Center in Atlanta, GA||Private tour of Mercedes-Benz Superdome|
For more information about membership in Lambda Pi Eta, contact Caleb Walters, advisor, at email@example.com.