Master of Science in Adult Continuing Education (Non-Certification) General Option
Program Admission Requirements
This degree does not qualify a student for any teaching certificate in the State of Alabama. This degree is designed to meet the needs of those students who are interested in pursuing work as a means of personal development and/or preparation for certain professional areas requiring a master’s degree. To be admitted to this program, the prospective student must meet all requirements for admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
I. Professional Courses: 9 hours
- ED 504. Techniques of Educational Research (3)
A graduate level research course in an academic area
- ED 506. Educational Statistics (3)
A graduate level statistics course
- EP 500. Advanced Educational Psychology (3)
A graduate level psychology course
II. Area of Concentration Courses: 24 hours
Entering international students in History must have a minimum TOEFL score requirement of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL or 79 on the iBT, 6.5 on the IELTS, or 1200 on the GTEC CBT, or the equivalent.
Total Required: 33 hours
- This program is also offered online.
- Students who choose history as one concentration should take at least one pre-Civil War course, at least one post-Civil War course, and at least one non-U. S. history course.
Program Completion Requirements
The student shall:
- Maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or better in all courses in the approved program as verified on an official transcript with no grade less than “C.”
- Make a satisfactory score on a written comprehensive examination documenting mastery of the curriculum of the program.